window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-162737154-1');

Calmel & Joseph Vieilles Grange Rocailles Rosé 2019

£8.99

In the heart of 200 uninterrupted hectares the Domaine Calmel & Joseph sits in a remarkable geographical position. At altitudes near to 300 metres, the cultivated plots are surrounded by richly diverse woodland and wild Mediterranean scrub.

The winery is an old, renovated domain in the Corbiéres near Carcassonne. The grapes 80% Cinsault and 20% Grenache noir are picked in two passes at night. The first harvest is made at a relatively early level of ripeness in order to maintain the freshness in the wine. Then, 15 days later, a second harvest is carried out to obtain a good concentration and varietal flavours. The grapes are destemmed and then macerated for 2 hours at 5 ° C. The fermentation is temperature controlled and set to 14° C. There is no malolactic fermentation. 15% of the wine was aged for 3 months in new oak barrels. The remaining 85% matured for 3 months on the fine yeast in stainless steel tanks.

Bright rosé with delicate violet reflections. Fresh and fruity with notes of raspberries and thyme.

Serve chilled alongside melon and prosciutto, hummus dip or turkey salad

 

SKU: 2430 Categories: , , Tag:

Description

France rosé wine

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

Go to Top