window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-162737154-1');

Dowie Doole Moxie Sparkling Shiraz, McLaren Vale Australia

£20.45

Available on back-order

Born in the 1990s through Drew Dowie and Norm Doole’s frustration at having to send their fruit to other wineries to vinify, Dowie Doole came to set a precedent for McLaren Vale. The winery’s range is an exploration of this region’s terroirs and the many varieties that generations of grape growers have brought with them from Europe. A great marriage of tradition, innovation and a little rebel spirit can be found in all their cuvées. From complex Shiraz, spicy Grenache and Tempranillo blend, to elegant Chenin Blanc, their range is one of the most interesting and contemporary in the region.

‘Moxie’ is a really fun and fruity sparkling Shiraz which has no vintage. To maintain its characteristic flavours and qualities, it is always made from a blend of Shiraz grapes from the current vintage, and some of the 1996 base wine (79% of the wine comes from the most recent vintage, the other 21% a blend of reserve wines going back to 1996).

Very deep, rich crimson in colour with crimson hue. Notes of blackberried and black cherry fruits, spice box and a little pepper that carry through onto the rich, velvety, long and slightly sweet but not cloying palate.

Chill it, pop it and serve at the barbi!

Available on back-order

Description

Australia sparkling red wine

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

Title

Go to Top